Tuesday 18 January 2011

Japan!


Since being introduced by the anime Studio Ghibli I think thats where my interested into Japan started.
In the films they are very traditional Japanese and I have gotten intrigued by it all. It made me want to find out more even about geisha and other towns in Japan. The more I look at things the more I want to visit.

It looks like an amazing magical place and I want to see it some time soon. The top two I'd like visit is Tokyo and Kyoto. To do the touristy things and to find the Ghibli stores where I'd probably buy everything in sight. I'd probably need to take a lot of spending money! and to visit the Museum. I'd have a field day! It be great if Mr Hayoa was there himself. He looks like a lovely man apparently visits the museum now and again so I might bump into him and thank him for getting me addicted to everything Ghibli and buy myself a Ghibli cell thats one thing I must have they sell around £300-600 I think. I better take a spare suitcase with me to bring back all my soviniers.

Kyoto looks absolutely lovely. Especially in Winter and to be present for the festivals and events they have all year round like the Winter Festival or during the Cherry Blossoms.
One thing I'd like to do is the Geisha experience. Where they dress you up like a Geisha in a traiditonal Kimono and make up and a photo session and walk round the town how fun must that be! http://www.insidejapantours.com/fully-tailored-japan-holidays/i-gs3-7/geisha-dress-up#.

A tea ceremony with proper Geisha would be an experice. Also to use the hot springs an 'onsen' and Tokyo looks great too. I like cities theres so much going on could just sit somewhere and people watch.

It isn't cheap to visit Japan a guided tour would be quite good as I wouldn't know where to begin if I were travelling on my own. They cost for like £2,000 for 11 days but visits from all major cities on the bullet train. I better start saving or hope on winning the lottery.

Or uni courses study and learn in Japan I bet people have fun doing that. 40 week course including accomadation £8,000 cheaper than most uni courses here I think and I have been looking at Japan Studies at the local University which is tempting if I could drive kinda pushes me to learn. I guess you can't live without driving in this stone age. Taking the train all the time would be a pain and costly. I'll have to see what happens. I can't imagine working in Retail forever. Its not quite the career. Doing the same thing for years would be un interesting and boring. Most people my age already have careers/kids and family I'm very behind. I'm like at square 1 like being a teenager and starting at the beginning. Everyone around ya moving on and yet your the still the same from High School you kind of question your life and think I need to do more, take the right path. I bet people whom I went to High School with knew I'd be like this now 10 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment